Now you can not only enjoy sipping wine along the wine trails when coming to the Finger Lakes for a getaway you can now also do some cheese tasting! About a dozen area dairy farmers decided to tap into the artisan cheese making business. Open house today 10 - 5 Future cheese trail events-
Finger Lakes Cheese Trail dairies holding open house
* Saturday, July 10, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
* Columbus Day Weekend, Saturday, Oct. 9, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Sunday, Oct. 10, noon to 4 p.m.
* Saturday, Dec. 11, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Holiday Cheese Shopping, location to be announced.
* Engelbert's Farm, Nichols, 699-3775, www.engelbertfarms.com
* Finger Lakes Dexter Creamery, King Ferry, (315) 364-3581 or www.kefircheese.com
* Finger Lakes Farmstead Cheese Company, Mecklenburg, 387-3108 or www.fingerlakes-cheese.com
* Keeley's Cheese Company, King Ferry, (315) 730-6872, www.keeleyscheeseco.com
* Lively Run Goat Dairy, Interlaken, 532-4647 or www.livelyrun.com
* Muranda Cheese Company, Waterloo, (315) 539-1103 or www.muranda.com
* Northland Sheep Dairy, at Ithaca Farmers' Market only, www.northlandsheepdairy.com
* Side Hill Acres Dairy Goat Farm & Cheese Plant, Candor, 659-4121 or www.sidehillacres.bizland.com
* Sunset View Creamery, Odessa, 594-2095 or www.sunsetviewcreamery.com
* Wake Robin Farm, Jordan, (315) 689-0034, www.wakerobinfarm.org--
For more information, visit: