We make the Pumpkin Pudding recipe as listed here but double the batch.
10 Fitch Pumpkin Pudding
• 1 can (15 oz) pumpkin puree
• 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
• 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
• 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
• 1/4 teaspoon mace
• 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
• 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
• 3 large eggs, slightly beaten
• 1 3/4 cups half-and-half or light cream
Butter a 1 1/2 quart casserole. Heat oven to 350 degrees
In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and whisk or beat on low speed until blended. Pour into the prepared casserole and back for 55-65 minutes, or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Serve with 10 Fitch Gingersnap Granola
10 Fitch Gingersnap Granola
• 5 cups rolled oats
• 1 cup raw pecan pieces
• 1 cup raw, unsweetened coconut flakes
• 1 cup sun dried banana chips, chopped
• 4 teaspoons ground ginger
• 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1 tablespoon water
• 1/2 cup molasses
• 1/3 cup packed brown sugar (light or dark is fine)
• 1/3 cup vegetable, canola, olive, or nut oil that is suitable for cooking with medium-high heat.
• 1 cup dried cranberries
• 1/2 cup candied ginger, chopped into small pieces
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees and get out a large rimmed baking sheet
In a large bowl, mix together the oats, nuts, coconut, banana chip pieces, ground ginger, and cinnamon. In a small saucepan over low heat, warm the water and stir in the salt until it's dissolved. Add the molasses, brown sugar, and oil, and stir until the brown sugar is melted. This should take under a minute. Using a wooden spoon, stir the oil/sugar mixture into the oat mixture until it's fully incorporated. Spread the granola onto the baking sheet in an even layer. Bake for about 40 minutes, stirring well every 10-15 minutes or so to prevent burning. Watch carefully until the granola reaches your preferred level of toastiness.
Remove from oven and, while the granola is still in the pan, stir in the chopped ginger and dried berries. Cool completely, stirring occasionally until completely cool. Store in an airtight container for several weeks, or keep it in the freezer to preserve its crunchiness. Serve this over 10 Fitch Pumpkin Pudding.